SINGAPORE - Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd is pleased to announce the launch of the new Nikon 1 J4, a lightweight and stylish member of the Nikon 1 family that provides high-speed performance.
The J4 offers superior image quality in a compact and easy-to-use design. Packed with smart features and industry-leading technologies, the interchangeable lens camera boasts improvements in capturing moving subjects and produces beautiful still images and videos.
The J4 offers the world’s fastest continuous shooting frame rate1 of approximately 20 frames per second (fps) with autofocus (AF), and includes 105 focus points when using phase-detect AF and 171 focus points when contrast-detect AF is employed. Together, these features make the J4 faster than D-SLR models and ideal for capturing moving targets.
“The new Nikon 1 J4 offers flexible operation while producing breathtaking results. It is blazingly fast, and the outstanding autofocus tracking ensures sharp images, even when shooting moving subjects," said Uemura Kimito, General Manager, International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. "The stylish J4 offers incredible image quality for consumers looking for a compact camera. Its high-speed performance is even faster than D-SLR models, and is ideal for people looking to capture a perfect shot every time.”
The J4 employs a new Nikon CX-format CMOS sensor, boasting an effective pixel count of 18.4 million. This interchangeable lens camera also produces stunning images with the new EXPEED 4A image-processing engine that delivers high-speed processing with a wide range of ISO sensitivities from 160 to 6400 (expandable to 12800) to enable photographers to capture high-quality images regardless of location and lighting conditions.
It supports the recording of Full HD 1080p movies at 60fps, or 720/30p slow-motion videos at 120fps. The Nikon 1 J4 also includes a 7.5cm (3-inch) VGA TFT+ touch-panel screen to make navigation and control as easy as possible. A new Creative Palette function enables the shooter to adjust brightness, saturation and white balance while previewing a shot to provide creative control and achieve stunning results. The J4 also includes built-in Wi-Fi® for sharing images via a smartphone to friends and family instantly.
1． Quality at Speed
• World’s fastest1: Not only does the J4 capture beautiful, crisp images, it does so at lightning speed. The J4 offers the world’s fastest continuous shooting frame rate1 to ensure fast-moving action is never missed. An electronic shutter provides a continuous shooting at a rate of approximately 20fps with autofocus, enabling the J4 to capture up to 20 shots in approximately a second.
• Unrivalled accuracy: The AF system present in the J4 features 105 focus areas with phase-detect AF and 171 focus points with contrast-detect AF to ensure that images are always clear and sharp. This rapid, accurate targeting makes it possible for photographers to lock onto the subject, even during rapid motion.
• Blazing performance: The J4 features the world’s shortest shooting time lag2, further helping photographers line up and capture a shot before the action is over.
2. Impressive Image Processing
• Improved sensor: The new Nikon CX-format image sensor offers an 18.4 megapixel capture resolution, and works hand-in-hand with the EXPEED 4A image-processing engine to deliver exceptional images and video.
• Glorious results in any environment: An ISO range from 160 up to 12800 with enhanced noise reduction offered by the EXPEED 4A engine ensures images remain clear and free of noise, even when shooting in darkened environments. A noise reduction function takes multiple shots and combines them into a single image to ensure that images remain clear and bright, even when shooting at high sensitivities.
• Full HD video capabilities: The J4 is able to record up to approximately 10 minutes of Full HD video at a resolution of 1920 x 1080/60p. A built-in electronic vibration reduction function maintains clear, crisp video, even when in motion by helping to reduce the effect of camera shake.
3. Advanced Functions with Simple, Intuitive Operation
• Simple sharing: Built-in Wi-Fi® makes it quick and easy to share images with friends and family over social networks via a smartphone.
• Straightforward control: The J4 also includes a 7.5cm (3-in) VGA TFT+ touch-panel screen. A simplified shooting mode dial enables photographers to simply point and shoot to achieve stunning results every time. Shooting modes include an Auto-mode, Creative mode, Best Moment Capture mode, Motion Snapshot mode, Advanced Movie mode, providing photographers with quick and easy options to deliver stunning results.
• Flexible and powerful: The J4 is compatible with the extensive range of 1 NIKKOR lenses that enable the camera to be configured to meet users’ needs. Furthermore, the optional FT1 Mount Adapter provides the flexibility to employ any compatible F-mount NIKKOR lens.
4. Stylish and Compact Design
• Freedom of choice: The J4 is available in a range of colours, including white, black, silver and orange, providing individuals with the flexibility to select their favourite style. The design incorporates integrated top and front aluminium covers to offer a unique, high-quality feel.
• Practically portable: The J4 is incredibly small and lightweight, measuring a mere 99.5 x 60 x 28.5mm and tipping the scales at approximately 232g including battery and microSD memory card. A pop-up flash further helps maintain the diminutive dimensions.
5. Optional Accessories
• WP-N3 Waterproof Case: An optional waterproof case is available to expand the capabilities of the J4. Waterproof to a depth of 45m (147ft), the WP-N3 is ideal for diving, surfing, or any other water sports. It is designed to be compact and to ensure a firm grip, while maintaining functionality including zooming. The shutter lever and movie-record button are positioned close together to make it as easy as possible to select or switch between recording modes.
• SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight: The ideal complement to the WP-N3 Waterproof Case, the SB-N10 features a high flash output with a guide number of 28/92 at full power (ISO 100, m/ft). It is waterproof to a depth of 100m (328ft) and includes both TTL and manual flash control. The SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight supports a number of accessories, including the Underwater Bracket SK-N10A3, which can be used to mount the SB-N10 on a waterproof case, the supplied Underwater Wide-Flash Adapter SW-N10A, which expands the angle of illumination when attached to the SB-N10, the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable SC-N10A3, which transmits light from the camera's built-in flash to the SB-N10, and the Underwater Fiber-Optic Cable Adapter SR-N10A3.
1 Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of 10 April, 2014; based on Nikon research.
2 Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of 10 April, 2014. Tested using the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM at the maximum wide-angle position in Single-point AF mode; based on Nikon research.
3 The SK-N10A, SC-N10A, and SR-N10A are available separately.
The Nikon 1 J4 will be available in four colours (white, black, silver and orange) starting in May 2014. For more information on the J4 and other Nikon products, please visit http://nikon-asia.com.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://nikon-asia.com. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NikonAsia and get the latest news and information from Twitter by following @NikonAsia.