- Nikon Australia is pleased to announce the newest addition to its family of quality DX-format digital SLRs, the D5000. With a robust feature set and simple operability backed by Nikon’s superlative technology, the D5000 is the ideal choice for both entry-level digital SLR users and those looking for an upgrade to raise their level of photographic expression.
The D5000 features a versatile 450° Vari-angle LCD monitor that can be viewed in normal position flush against the camera back, or swung out and rotated and/or tilted. This unequalled freedom of movement adds a unique level of creativity to Live View shooting, allowing easy viewing from virtually any perspective. When not in use, the monitor can be stowed with the LCD panel facing the camera back, essentially becoming its own rugged monitor cover.
The D5000 inherits the same brilliant image quality from Nikon’s highly regarded DX-format digital SLR, the D90. Featuring a 12.3 effective megapixel CMOS sensor, Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED image processing system, and compatibility with a comprehensive selection of NIKKOR lenses, the D5000 produces highly detailed images that exhibit smooth tonal gradation, outstanding colour reproduction, and low noise across a wide ISO sensitivity range.
In addition to superior imaging capabilities, the D5000 offers excellent photographic performance thanks to continuous shooting as fast as 4 frames per second, advanced 3D Colour Matrix Metering II for outstanding exposure accuracy, 11-point selectable autofocus, and four Live View AF modes, along with automatic exposure and white balance bracketing functions. There is also a new Quiet Shooting mode that reduces mirror cycling noise for quieter shooting in environments where minimal noise is desired.
Ease-of-use is a hallmark of Nikon digital SLRs and the D5000 successfully carries on this tradition, both in form and function. The compact, agile body boasts an intelligent layout with controls sensibly positioned for easy operation, while 19 automatic Scene Modes add point-and-shoot ease for beautiful results in a wide variety of challenging shooting situations.
Combining famous Nikon quality and high performance, the D5000 opens the door to a level of creative expression never before possible in a camera so fun.
- New 450° Vari-angle monitor (swings down approximately 180° and rotates 270°)
- Nikon DX-format 12.3-megapixel CMOS image sensor
- Specially designed EXPEED image processing system
- Live View shooting
- Movie clips with D-Movie
- 19 Scene Modes
- Scene Recognition System with Face Detection System
- Active D-Lighting
- 11-point AF system with Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus module
- Picture Control System
- Photo editing
- Nikon Integrated Dust Reduction System
Nikon D5000 Video: Being creative shouldn't be hard - with the new Nikon D5000, being creative is child's play!
Nikon D5000 Documentary: We put the new Nikon D5000 to the test for one day with two kids, Maddie and Lockie, and let them loose in Sydney to find out how they would go capturing their day on camera. Charlie Brown talks through Nikon's current Digital SLR line up, highlighting the key features