- The first thing that will amaze photographers about the D90 is its stunning image quality, which takes its inspiration from Nikon's flagship DX-format digital SLR, the D300. The D90's image sensor and 12.3 effective megapixels combine with Nikon's exclusive EXPEED image processing to deliver outstanding images featuring fine details, smooth tones, rich colours and low noise across a wide ISO sensitivity range.
The D90 is equipped with an innovative movie shooting function that delivers genuinely cinematic results, enhanced by the creatively shallow depth of field made possible by the DX-format sensor. This is further refined by the optical quality and broad selection of NIKKOR lenses — the same lenses relied upon by professional photographers the world over. Thanks to the D90's large image sensor, D-Movie images exhibit less noise than those of a typical camcorder, most notably in low-light situations.
- Newly designed Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor with wide ISO sensitivity range with low noise
- EXPEED for smooth tones, rich colors and fine details
- Innovative D-SLR movie function: D-Movie
- Scene Recognition System integrated with Face Detection System
- Easy-to-use Live View mode
- Picture Control System: Customize the visual style of your images
- Active D-Lighting for smooth tone reproduction in high-contrast lighting
- Versatile practical 11-point AF system
- Bright pentaprism viewfinder featuring frame coverage of approx. 96%
- Advanced Scene Modes for superior image quality
- Extensive palette of in-camera Retouch Menus
- Engineered for precision and durability
Snob Scrilla "Heartbreak Scorsese" Music Clip shot using the Nikon D90Robert Bösch (cameraman) and a Ueli Steck (speed-climber) make their way on top of the Eiger-Northface in Switzerland. Created using the Nikon D90Charlie Brown talks through Nikon's current Digital SLR line up, highlighting the key features