- This new lens was developed in response to the demands from low-end and mid-range SLR users for a more affordable, highly portable high-power zoom lens.
Thanks to an ultra-compact optical system with 62mm filter attachment size and three aspherical lenses, the AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED is the lightest lens in its class even lighter than its predecessor, the AF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6D (1998).
- Affordable high-power (7.1x) zoom capability in a compact design
- Ultra-compact optical system with 62mm filter attachment size
- Three aspherical lenses and three ED glass elements for higher optical performancen
- Seven-blade rounded diaphragm achieves a natural blur for out-of-focus elements
- 0.44m closest focusing at 200mm