- The new lens, which offers a focal range of 24-120mm only available from Nikon, and incorporates advanced features such as SWM (Silent Wave Motor) and VR (Vibration Reduction), is even smaller than its predecessor, the AF Zoom-Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6D IF.
The AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 IF-ED was developed in response to the demands from mid- and higher-range SLR users for a more affordable, highly portable high-power VR zoom lens.
- SWM provides super-fast, super-quiet AF operation
- VR operation offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed 3 stops faster (at 120mm)*
- High-power 5x zoom lens
- IF (Internal Focusing) technology for smoother focusing and a better balanced handling
- Two aspherical lenses and two ED glass elements for higher optical performance
*As determined by Nikon performance tests.