Make the most out of the incredibly compact mirrorless system with the special edition lens that is the first-of-its-kind in the NIKKOR Z lineup.
Sydney, Australia – 29 June 2021 – Nikon Australia is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE). The compact and lightweight prime lens is compatible with full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z Mount has been adopted, and as a kit lens that offers superior functionality with shooting for the APS-C size (Nikon DX-format) mirrorless camera, Z fc. The "(SE)" in the product name is short for "Special Edition".
“The NIKKOR lenses are renowned for optical perfection, and the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) delivers that with the latest technology in a compact build and aesthetically pleasing design. It’s a combination of form and function from its minimum focus distance to its multi-focusing system, and will be a reliable prime lens for our creators and professionals to deliver their best in stills and videos,” said John Young, General Manager, Marketing, Nikon Asia.
This wide-angle prime lens inherits the same classic design as the NIKKOR lenses for the Nikon FM2 film SLR camera. With the new Z fc camera body in mind, Nikon has reproduced the notable designs of that era, such as knurling and a prominent control ring to match the Z fc body.
Light and compact, the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) can be easily slipped into a bag to capture everyday snapshots. The lightweight lens delights users with its smooth autofocusing and the adoption of a design with consideration of dust-and drip-resistant performance .
NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) Primary Features
- Extremely portable and makes the most of the compact size of mirrorless cameras, with its total length of approximately 43mm and weight of approximately 160g.
- Easy-to-use, the fixed focal length of 28mm supports users with a wide-angle view for all types of scenes, from cityscapes and landscapes to indoor dining.
- The fast and wide f/2.8 maximum aperture resists the effects of camera shake, even with hand-held shooting, and supports users in achieving their desired aesthetic quality with the impressive use of bokeh expression.
- Get close to subjects for dynamic photography to showcase scenes in different perspectives with its minimum focus distance of 0.19m (0.63 ft).
- The first NIKKOR Z lens exception in which a multi-focusing system , usually only made available for the S-Line , has been adopted – realising minimal aberration with shooting at close distances, a smaller size, and fast and accurate autofocus (AF) control. The adoption of stepping motor (STM) also enables quiet and highly precise AF control.
- Not just for shooting stills, the lens is developed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, smooth focus breathing, and stable exposure.
- Experience superb operability and control within reach, with the control ring that allows for the assignment of various functions such as Aperture and Exposure compensation.
- It is designed with the consideration of dust-and drip-resistant performance  and a non-retracting mechanism so that users can take the lens with them everywhere and be ready for every photographic opportunity.
For more information on the new NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) and other Nikon products, please visit www.nikon.com.au
 The lens is not guaranteed to be dust- and drip-resistant in all situations or under all conditions.
 Multiple AF drive units work together to control the position of multiple focus lens groups with great precision for superior image formation performance regardless of shooting distance.
 The S-Line is a grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that demonstrate outstanding optical performance, adhering to a high standard of design principles and quality control.