We are committed to protecting your privacy and understand the importance of protecting your personal information. This Policy outlines the types of personal information that we usually collect; how we collect it; the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it; to whom we disclose it; the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located; how we hold and keep it secure; and your rights in relation to your personal information, including how to access and seek correction of your personal information, or how to make a privacy complaint and how we deal with such complaints.
We will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy, and applicable legislation including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
From time to time, we may collect personal information about our customers in New Zealand. In this case this Policy, along with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (NZ Privacy Act) and the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles (NZPPs), will apply to any personal information that is collected. However, we do not provide credit to individuals in New Zealand. Therefore, if you are one of our New Zealand customers, nothing in this Policy that deals with the collection of personal information for credit purposes applies to you.
In this Policy, personal information means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. It does not include information that is de-identified (ie anonymous data).
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy carefully and that you understand and consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, and retention of your personal information as described in this Policy when you access or use our website located at nikon.com.au (Website), products, or services. If you do not agree with any term set out in this Policy, you should not share personal information on our Website, or register to use, or use, our products or services.
This Policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees.
We may change this Policy from time to time and publish updates on our Website. If we do this, we will provide you with reasonable notice before we implement any change by posting a statement on our Website. If you do not agree to an amendment, you should notify our privacy offer at the contact details set out at section 20 below. If you do not agree to the amendments and wish to have your personal information removed, you understand that you may not be able to use our Website, or our products or services. If you continue to use our Website, or our products or services, or subsequently agree to the amended policy, this will be treated as consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, and retention of your personal information as described in the amended policy.
1. What types of personal information does Nikon Australia collect?
Nikon Australia collects personal information from its customers and contacts for businesses with which Nikon Australia deals. The type of information we collect will vary depending on our interaction with you, and could include information such as your name, age or date of birth, gender, email address, mobile phone number, home phone number, fax number, mailing or street address, postcode, preferences and interests, information relevant to customer surveys or offers, and credit card details. We also handle your credit information (refer to our Credit Information Policy below).
2. How does Nikon Australia collect your personal information?
Nikon Australian may also collect personal information from you, any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us, when you apply for a job or position with us.
3. Why does Nikon Australia collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
Nikon Australia collects, holds uses, and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
· to provide goods and services to you, such as validating a subscription to an e-mail newsletter or processing an order made by you or on your behalf;
· to process payments;
· to facilitate, track and share the progress of deliveries;
· to allow you to register an account on our Website;
· to communicate with you about product upgrades, special offers, updated information and new services from Nikon Australia;
· to run competitions or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
· to conduct market research and surveys;
· for internal record keeping;
· to assist us quickly find the information, services or software that you require;
· to enable us to provide software patches and verify that software is properly licensed and its location identified;
· to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
· to improve our products, services and Website content;
· to comply with Nikon Australia's legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our uses, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
· to consider your employment or contractor application.
4. Can Nikon Australia use your personal information for direct marketing?
Nikon Australia may, with your consent, use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications and information about our products or services from time to time. This may take the form of emails, telephone calls, text messages, mail or other forms of communication..
We will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your consent or are required or authorised by law to do so.
You can withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from the mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe button shown at the bottom of the communication. You can also log into your MyNikonLife profile and edit your profile settings to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications or email Service.Nau@nikon.com requesting to opt out. Unless you opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, you agree for us to send you direct marketing communications for an indefinite period of time.
When you visit our Website, we may use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies to help us track your website usage; remember your preferences; enhance your experience on the Website; and undertake technical or statistical analysis. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to the browser in your computer, which may then store this piece of data on your system, usually in a temporary Internet file or cache file.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can set your browser to tell you, by way of a warning prompt, when you receive a cookie. This provides you the choice of whether to accept it or not. As a result of:
· not accepting it, the next time you visit the Website you may have to make a number of additional choices about what you view; or
· accepting it, the Website can more quickly direct you to your particular area of interest.
6. Does Nikon Australia’s Website contain links to third party websites?
7. To whom may Nikon Australia disclose your personal information?
Nikon Australia may disclose your personal information to:
· our contractors;
· companies within the Nikon Corporation group;
· our service providers(eg IT service providers and marketing agencies);
· professional advisers, dealers and agents;
· payment systems operators;
· logistics partners; and
· anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information.
8. Does Nikon Australia disclose personal information outside Australia?
Nikon Australia discloses personal information outside of Australia to the recipients specified in section 7 above. The countries in which such recipients are likely to be located include the following:
· Japan; and
9. How does Nikon Australia hold your personal information?
Nikon Australia takes reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by, for instance, using physical security measures, and restricting access to electronic records. All personal information that Nikon Australia holds is secured on our servers, with restricted access. Nikon Australia personnel are also required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. Only designated employees or agents who need to carry out legitimate business functions for Nikon Australia are permitted to access personal information.
Nikon Australia may also use agents to provide storage and processing functions. We generally require organisations that handle or obtain personal information as service providers to Nikon Australia acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect an individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Privacy Act, the NZ Privacy Act, and this Policy.
10. How can you access or correct your personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act and the NZ Privacy Act, you may seek access to, or correction of, the personal information that Nikon Australia holds about you by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing using the details specified in section 20 below.
We will need to confirm your identity before providing you with access or correcting your information. Nikon Australia will deal with requests as quickly as possible, and will endeavour to respond within 14 days of receipt of the request. In certain circumstances Nikon Australia is entitled to deny access. If access is denied, reasons for the denial of access will be given in writing.
11. How can you make a privacy related complaint?
If you believe Nikon Australia has failed to comply with its privacy obligations under the Privacy Act or NZ Privacy Act and wish to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details specified in section 20 below by lodging a written complaint.
We will take all reasonable steps to investigate your concern and will correct any problem found within a reasonable time. If Nikon Australia is unable to resolve your complaint within a reasonable time, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) via the OAIC website, www.oaic.gov.au, or with the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner (NZOPC) via the NZOPC website, www.privacy.org.nz.
Credit-RELATED Information POLICY AND STATEMENT OF NOTIFIABLE MATTERS
12. What types of credit and credit eligibility information does Nikon Australia collect?
Nikon Australia collects the following types of credit information:
· identification information, such as your full name; and
· the type and amount of commercial credit you seek in an application.
Nikon Australia may also obtain credit eligibility information such as a credit report about you from a credit reporting body, and derive CP derived information from such reports including the following:
· credit scores or ratings; and
· internal risk assessments.
13. How does Nikon Australia collect and hold your credit and credit eligibility information?
Nikon Australia collects credit information directly from you when you complete the application. We may also obtain credit eligibility information such as a credit report about you from a credit reporting body to assess your application.
Nikon Australia stores your credit and credit eligibility information securely and restricts access to designated employees and agents.
14. Why does Nikon Australia collect, hold, use and disclose your credit and credit eligibility information?
Nikon Australia collects, holds, uses and discloses your credit and credit eligibility information for the following purposes:
· to verify your identity;
· to assess your application for credit and credit worthiness;
· to manage our relationship with you;
· to process your application;
· to communicate with you about product upgrades, special offers, updated information and new services from Nikon Australia; and
· to collect overdue payments.
15. To whom may Nikon Australia disclose your credit and credit eligibility information?
Nikon Australia may disclose your credit and credit eligibility information to:
· our contractors and agents;
· companies within the Nikon Corporation group;
· credit reporting bodies;
· our credit insurers;
· our insurance brokers; and
· external debt collectors.
The credit reporting body that we are likely to disclose personal information to is Equifax, and their contact details are as follows:
· Equifax, PO Box 964, North Sydney NSW 2059 (https://www.equifax.com.au/).
For more information on how this credit reporting body manages credit-related personal information, please see their credit reporting policies by visiting the link above.
Credit reporting bodies to whom Nikon Australia discloses your credit-related personal information may include the information we provide them in their reports to assist other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness.
We may be entitled to disclose to a credit reporting body if you fail to meet your obligations in relation to consumer credit or if you commit a serious credit infringement.
16. Does Nikon Australia disclose credit or credit eligibility information to entities that do not have an Australian link?
Nikon Australia discloses credit and credit eligibility information to recipients that do not have an Australian link. The countries in which such recipients are likely to be located include the following:
· Japan; and
17. How can you access or correct your credit or credit eligibility information?
You may seek access to, or correction of, your credit or credit eligibility information that Nikon Australia holds about you by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing using the details specified in section 20 below.
We will need to confirm your identity before providing you with access or correcting your information. We will endeavour to provide you with access or a correction of your information within 30 days of receipt of the request. If we are unable to do this we will get in contact with you to agree a new timeframe.
18. How can you make a credit-related complaint?
If you believe Nikon Australia has failed to comply with its credit reporting obligations under the Privacy Act or Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details specified in section 20 below. When making a complaint, you will need to specify the nature of your complaint.
Nikon Australia will then deal with your complaint as follows:
· Receipt: within 7 days after you make your complaint, we will provide you with a written notice that acknowledges receipt and explains how we will deal with your complaint;
· Investigation: we will then investigate your complaint. If we consider it is necessary to do so, we will consult a credit reporting body or credit provider at this stage; and
· Decision: After we have investigated your complaint, and no later than 30 days after your complaint was made, we will make a decision. We will provide you with a written notice setting out the decision and stating that if you are not satisfied with the decision you may make a complaint to the OAIC. If you have agreed in writing, we may take a longer period of time to make a decision.
19. Other rights
In addition to the rights set out above:
· credit providers like us can ask credit reporting bodies to use your credit reporting information to pre-screen you for direct marketing purposes. If you do not want credit reporting bodies to use your information in this way, you may opt out by clicking the unsubscribe button shown at the bottom of the communication. You can also log into your MyNikonLife profile and edit your profile settings to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications or email Service.Nau@nikon.com requesting to opt out; and
· if you believe you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud, you can ask the credit reporting body not to use or disclose your credit reporting information.
20. Contact our Privacy Officer
Please direct privacy related inquiries to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, (02) 8767 6900 or:
Nikon Australia Pty Ltd
Level 5, 5 Rider Boulevard
Rhodes NSW 2138
Attention: Privacy Officer