NIKON AUSTRALIA WARRANTY POLICY
Important Warranty Information
Your Nikon Healthcare Product has been manufactured to meet the highest quality standards by Nikon Corporation, a worldwide leader in the design and production of optical precision instruments. We urge you to take good care of your Nikon product and always be sure to follow all instructions carefully.
Important note: This Nikon warranty (Nikon Warranty) applies in addition to the guarantees, rights and remedies conferred by the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation. The Nikon Warranty does not exclude, affect or limit those guarantees, rights or remedies, except to the extent that their application may lawfully be excluded or limited.
In particular, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
NIKON LOCAL (AUSTRALIAN) WARRANTY
This Nikon Warranty applies to the Nikon Healthcare Products listed on the Healthcare section of the Nikon Australia website from time to time, available here.
Terms & Conditions:
When you purchase any new Nikon Healthcare Product from Nikon Australia Pty Limited (Nikon Australia) or a Nikon Australia authorised reseller, you receive a Nikon Warranty for the repair or replacement of your Healthcare Product in the event of any manufacturing defects for one year from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). A list of all of Nikon Australia's authorised resellers can be found here.
Proof of purchase must be presented when claiming under the Nikon Warranty. Proof of purchase may include:
(a) an installation report signed by you and an engineer authorised by Nikon Australia indicating the warranty start date (if applicable); or
(b) for Healthcare Products that do not require installation by an engineer, Nikon Australia's invoice for that Healthcare Product, or such other evidence you can provide to demonstrate the purchase date of the Healthcare Product to our reasonable satisfaction.
Claims under this Nikon Warranty can be made:
· by calling the following telephone numbers: 1300 401 200 or 02 8767 6900 for another arrangement. This may include, in certain circumstances, pick up of the Healthcare Product from a location chosen by you; or
· by contacting Nikon Australia by email at email@example.com
When making a claim, please be ready with the product model number, serial number, original customer purchaser name, proof of purchase that includes purchase date and a brief statement of the problem that is sought to be remedied. You will be asked to arrange a mutually agreeable date for a Nikon Australia representative to evaluate the affected product and determine whether the product can be serviced on-site or must be shipped to Nikon Australia for servicing.
The Warranty Period begins on:
(a) the date of the installation report signed by you and an engineer authorised by Nikon Australia indicating the warranty start date (if applicable); or
(b) for Healthcare Products that do not require installation by an engineer, the date of the invoice for the Healthcare Product, or such other date you can establish with evidence as the purchase date of that Healthcare Product.
Repair or replacement of the Healthcare Product does not restart the Warranty Period.
Nikon Australia reserves the right to elect whether to repair or replace the Healthcare Product under this warranty. Nikon Australia reserves the right to use reconditioned or refurbished parts with regard to any repair under this Nikon Warranty.
Any reasonable costs you incur in transporting goods to Nikon Australia under this warranty will be borne by Nikon Australia. Please contact us regarding your warranty claim and use the transport method identified. If transporting the goods, you must package the Healthcare Product securely to protect against damage. The reasonable costs of transport can be claimed from Nikon Australia by contacting: 1300 401 200 or 02 8767 6900.
This warranty does not cover:
· cleaning or maintenance of the product
· damage to or failure of equipment due to normal use or fair wear and tear
· damage caused by accident, misuse, do-it-yourself repairs, contact with foreign materials such as sand, grit or water, disassembly, tampering, impact, improper storage, use with accessories, replacement parts or other items not provided or authorised by Nikon, abnormal use, neglect, alteration or negligence
· repair (or replacement) of the product outside Australia or by another Nikon entity
· defects or malfunctions caused by damage resulting from improper care, misuse or abuse, or operation of this product contrary to the instructions contained in the owner’s manual
· damage caused by any installation, modification or servicing performed by person(s) other than Nikon authorised service centres
· lamps, bulb batteries, dongles, footings, rubber eyecups and other consumable items
· any consequential or incidental damage resulting from a breach of this Nikon Warranty.
This warranty is not transferable and is only valid if the Healthcare Product was purchased in Australia. If you purchased your item overseas, you will need to approach the relevant overseas Nikon entity for all support and warranty claims.
This warranty is offered by Nikon Australia Pty Limited (ABN 34 121 761 537) – Suite 501, Level 5, 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, NSW, 2138. Ph: 1300 401 200 or 02 8767 6900.